Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A little update


A little update…
Firstly we are of course still thoroughly enjoying Costa Rica. The newest addition to our schedule is spending time at the ‘river community’. Every morning at nine o’clock we head to the river for a few hours, where we are greeted with beaming smiles that make every minute of your time so worth it. We spend time with the children, get to know them and work on building relationships. I am already extremely attached and it has only been a few days! I had a fleeting thought today, that eventually we are going to have to leave and the thought of never seeing the children again brought a few tears to my eyes.

 Kaylor and I

 The river houses

 Tito being Tito

 A plank becomes a slide

 Jasmine and Angie ... quite the posers

Precious little Kevin

Today I did a tiny sewing project with the kids, it was so much fun. We made finger puppets. I could not believe how well the kids picked up sewing, even the three year olds! I slightly regret the fact that the only color felt that I brought with me is blue; looks like every character we make will be half human half smurf.




 The children not only love to have their photo taken but they love to take photos of you too! we will see how long my camera lasts...



Other than that Rob is enjoying surfing a lot, unfortunately he lost his wedding ring whilst in the ocean the other day :( but I suppose that there are worse things that could have happened like being eaten by a shark, stung by a sting ray, snapped by a salt water crocodile or crushed in a humongous wave.

Nothing else really exciting happening as of the moment, just living the dream… sand, sun, sea and the occasional thunderstorm accompanied by a power cut. Well actually on the subject of exciting I did find some cheap chocolate at the super market today, which is o so good… maybe partly due to the fact that we have not had any for about a month!

Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment