Monday, May 9, 2011

Lilly



I don’t know your name but I call you Lilly.

You are so precious and beautiful, as delicate and fragile as an intricate flower.

Your head is always face down weighted with untold stories and unmet pleas, you walk with the demeanor of invisibility.

You cover your’ face with your hair, you hide under it’s thick black mass, do you feel that it offers you protection?

The steady pendulum motion of the swing temporarily fills your empty void for attention. The chains you cling to appear to hold you prisoner.

You’re as quiet and still as the pale moonlight; no sound comes out from your innocent lips. Is this because you have given up on anyone listening?
I hear the cries that your dark eyes sing, I feel your loneliness that creeps out from within.

I loved you from the minute I saw you, it was love at first sight, there you were in your tiny red sundress chewing on a discarded piece of plastic retrieved from the dusty park ground.

When I hold you my soul momentarily bares your pain, I weep when I think of the life that you’re in. How can I help you? This question haunts me.

I pray that Gods’ angels carry you out of harms way! O darling Lilly what have your infant eyes seen? What have your infant ears heard? My dear little one I dread to think of the backbreaking burden that your tiny body carries already.

Precious child your situation breaks my heart. If I could take you home with me I would do it in an instant. I would steal you away from the future that awaits you riddled with traps of prostitution, alcoholism and drug abuse.

My darling Lilly all I can do for now is hold you and love you, pray that Gods’ face shines upon you, pray for a miracle.

My heart aches for you my darling Lilly.


Please pray for the children in Jaco.






No comments:

Post a Comment